|Current Location:||Collections storage|
|Credit Line:||Gift of Elise Biddle (Mrs. Harald) Paumgarten, 1948, 1948|
|Other Number||8 - Collector NumberL-2-306 - Other Number|
Object cleaned in 1966, a gold cuprous exide remained with a green in patina beneath it. Flattned hollow ball is in two halves once joined by a strip of metal which has left its traces along the joint. Semicircular notch was cut in each half's edge to form a hole by which to suspend the ball. Each half is decorated.
|[Book] Warden, P. Gregory. 1997. The Hilprecht Collection of Greek, Italic, and Roman Bronzes in the University of Pennsylvania Museum. : Page/Fig./Plate: p. 71, no. A32||View Objects cited in this Publication|
|[Thesis] Moore, Charlotte B. 1969. Description and analysis of the bronze and lead objects in the Herman V. Hilprecht Collection, the University Museum of the University of Pennsylvania. : Page/Fig./Plate: pp. 223-224, no. 229a; p. 372, fg. 162||View Objects cited in this Publication|
You may also be interested in these objects:
See a problem? Let us know firstname.lastname@example.org