"Forward and backward I have gone, and for me it has been an immense journey."
The anthropologist, educator, philosopher, and writer Loren Eiseley served as the University’s first Benjamin Franklin Professor, Provost, and Curator of the Museum’s Early Man Section. The Loren Eiseley Society is the Penn Museum’s leadership giving society, composed of distinguished donors who contribute annual unrestricted gifts of $1,500 to the Museum in a given fiscal year.
Through their generosity and vision, LES members provide 70 percent of all unrestricted support and serve as an inspiration to fellow Museum members and friends. LES members at the Silver Circle and above are also recognized as members of the University of Pennsylvania's Benjamin Franklin Society .
All levels also include the core benefits of General Membership including:
- Free unlimited general admission all year to the Penn Museum's world-class collection
- Three issues of renowned Expedition magazine per year mailed to your home
- Reciprocal free admission to 600 museums throughout the United States and Canada
- Reciprocal free admission to over 600 museums throughout the United States and Canada through: North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM)
For additional and more specific information about upcoming special events for LES members, please call the Membership Office at (215) 898-5093.
Director’s Circle $25,000 and above All but $650 tax-deductible
- All benefits of the Platinum Circle
- One private tour and reception for party of six with curator or keeper
- Opportunity to accompany the Director or senior curator on a custom-itinerary trip to a Museum-associated archaeological site
Platinum Circle $10,000 - $24,999 All but $530 tax-deductible
- All benefits of the Gold Circle
- Private lunch and tour with the director
- Unlimited free parking
- Acknowledgement in exhibition-special issue of Expedition magazine
Gold Circle $5,000 - $9,999 All but $510 tax-deductible
- All benefits of the Silver Circle
- Free admission for one additional guest per visit (four total)
- Breakfast or evening tours of exhibitions with curators
Silver Circle $2,500 - $4,999 All but $450 tax deductible
- All benefits of the Bronze Circle
- Behind-the-scenes events featuring rarely seen objects from the collection
- Additional free one-day parking vouchers (four total)
- Recognition in the University of Pennsylvania's Benjamin Franklin Society
Bronze Circle $1,500 – $2,499 All but $400 tax-deductible
- Personal assistance from Penn Museum staff when planning a visit
- Invitations to private receptions, lectures, exhibition previews, tours and annual LES dinner
- Recognition in the Penn Museum’s Annual Report , website and on special signage at the Museum
- Three one-day parking vouchers
- Free admission for three guests per visit
- 15% discount at the Museum Shop and 10% discount at the Pepper Mill Café
- Specially designed, commemorative LES lapel pin
Join or Renew your membership:
Should you wish to register for an event online upon becoming a member, please note that your membership gift may take a full business day to process
At the Museum
Visit the Admissions Desk at any of the Museum's entrances
Call 215.898.5093 and say, "I want to join today!"