- How can I purchase a new membership or renew my current membership to the Penn Museum?
There are three easy ways to join or renew:
- By phone at 215.898.5093
- At the Museum's Kamin (West) or Kress (East) entrances
- Do I need to bring my membership card with me when I visit?
We recommend that you bring your membership card when visiting the Penn Museum so you can easily enjoy your onsite benefits. However, if you have misplaced your card or do not have your card with you during your visit, you can check in with your name at the Museum's Kamin or Kress entrances.
- How do I purchase tickets for events with a membership discount?
Once you have registered on our website to create your personal online account, you will be able to purchase tickets with a membership discount for events that require them. From the Events Calendar page, select the event you wish to attend. Ticketed events have a large, blue “Get Tickets” button below the event information. Once you click this, at the very top right side of your screen, click “Sign In.” Enter your information and choose the member ticket option. PLEASE NOTE: The member ticket option will not reflect the discount advertised in the event description, but this discount will appear AFTER you have click the large, orange “Register” button and before you enter your payment information. You may also call the Membership Office at 215.898.5093 for personal assistance in purchasing your tickets.
- Can I use my membership for free admission and/or discounts at other museums?
Members at the Friends and Family level and above enjoy reciprocal benefits at participating museums throughout the country through the North American Reciprocal Museums Program (NARM) and the Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM).
- How long is my membership valid?
Your membership is valid for one year from the time that you join.
- What happens if I lose my membership card?
- When will I receive my membership card?
New and renewing members receive their membership cards in approximately two weeks.
- I just renewed my membership. Why did I receive another notice in the mail?
It takes up to two weeks to receive and process a renewal payment. If you recently renewed, please disregard any additional notices.
- When do my benefits begin?
Your member benefits begin the day you join. If you join or renew online or through the mail and would like to visit the Museum before you have received your membership card, receptionists at any of the Museum's entrances will be able to confirm your membership.
- Can I get two membership cards?
Members at the Dual level and above receive two membership cards. They may each be printed with a different member's name or both with the same name.
- Can I give a membership to the Penn Museum as a gift?
Yes. Simply choose the membership level that you would like to purchase, click the “Join/Renew” button, and check the box indicating that your membership is a gift to be prompted for recipient information.
- Can I bring guests with me during my visit?
At the Friends and Family level and above, you may bring guests with you in addition to the two adults and all children under the age of 18 included in your membership. The number of guests you may bring increases with your level of membership; for more information click here.
- Is my membership tax-deductible?
Your membership contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Memberships at the Friends and Family level and below are fully tax deductible. To find out how much of each membership is tax-deductible at the Patron level and below, click here.
- I received an email from the Museum inviting me to register to my online account on Museum's website. Why should I do this?
Registering for an online account enables you to purchase event tickets with your membership discount and to easily renew your membership. If you need assistance, please call the Membership Office at 215.898.5093.
- How do I receive my membership discounts at the Pepper Mill Café and the Museum Shop?
Simply show your membership card at the time of your purchase to enjoy your members' discount.
- How do I notify the Museum of my change of email or mailing address?
- Why does the Museum request my email address?
By providing your email address, the Museum will be able to send you monthly “clickable” Calendar of Events, as well as updates on new events, special offers, and other member-related news that is not always mailed to homes.
- If I provide my email address, how often will I hear from the Penn Museum?
In addition to the monthly "clickable" Calendar of Events, you will receive occasional emails about upcoming events or special offers each month. If your membership is due for renewal, you will also receive an email inviting you to easily renew your membership online.
- Does the Museum share my information with anyone else?