Calling all lovers of objects from ancient to modern world history!
Introducing the Penn Museum Object Bracket Challenge
For the month of March the Penn Museum is now the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology AND BRACKETOLOGY! We’re asking you, the public, to vote for your favorite objects in our first ever Object Bracket Challenge! We narrowed down the playing field from roughly one million objects to a field of 64 excellent objects from our world-class collections. It is now your job to crown a champion!
You can pick your favorite object by the culture that created it. Or by its form and function. Maybe go by its historical significance throughout human history. Or just because it is your favorite color! Anyway, it is all up to YOU!
Submit a bracket by Monday, March 23, 2015, to be eligible for a Grand Prize with a retail value up to $250)! Based on our special algorithm, the bracket to earn the most points will be crowned our grand prize winner on April 7, 2015. There will also be second and third place winners, as well as Sweet Sixteen and Final Four runner-ups (who will be awarded prizes based on a random selection amongst the runner-ups). Prizes include Behind-the-Scenes Tours of the Penn Museum by our Collections Keepers and Curators, gift cards to the Pepper Mill Café, and some serious Penn Museum swag. Plus, every submitted bracket gets a $2 off admission coupon to the Penn Museum! (Promo code expires December 31, 2015)
Here are the rules:
- Go to penn.museum/bracket and drag and drop your selections through all six rounds of the Object Challenge. Choose carefully, cause once you drop, you can’t go back (unless you refresh your browser and start over).
- Submit your bracket! Please only one submission per person. There are two options:
- If you want to submit your bracket to be eligible for prizes and receive $2 off admission to the Penn Museum, you must supply your name, your email, and agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- If you’re just playing for fun, check the box to submit your bracket without including your name and email.
- You’ll receive a copy of your filled out bracket in an email from the Penn Museum. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox.
- Brackets submitted for prizes will be accepted till midnight on Monday, March 23, 2015. Just for fun brackets are accepted anytime!
- Check back to see how your bracket fared for the Sweet Sixteen reveal on Thursday, March 26, 2015, and the Final Four reveal on Thursday, April 2, 2015.
- Prize winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 7, 2015.
Fill out your bracket at www.penn.museum/bracket today for your chance to win the Grand Prize or Penn Museum swag!
Adopt an Artifact:
Want to do more than crown your favorite object as the 2015 champion? Consider “adopting” it by donating to the Penn Museum to support the preservation, storage, and management of our prized artifacts.