Celebrations Around the World
Saturday, December 07, 2019 |
10:00AM - 5:00PM ET
This is a virtual event.
LocationVirtual Event - Penn Museum
View more CultureFest!
Get your passport to discover holiday traditions, such as Diwali, the Dragon Boat Festival, Eid-al-Fitr, Ramadan and the Mid-Autumn Festival. Enjoy craft-making, Indian dance, sari-wrapping, Arabic writing and Islamic culture, storytelling, live musical performances presented by our partner Intercultural Journeys, and so much more at this joyful festival celebrating the holiday customs of cultures across the globe.
Included with Museum admission. Admission is Free for Museum members, PennCard holders, teachers, U.S. active duty/reservist military personnel, and veterans.
- 10:00am-5:00pm | Creation Stations in the Sphinx Gallery — Decorate your “passport” for the day and use it to travel the world through our galleries. Each Creation Station will provide a stamp as you navigate our interactive global guests:
- Dreidel Activity
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Middle East Center
- Posavas Activity
- The Henna Honey
- The New Africa Center
- Three Aksha Indian Dance
- We are the Seeds
- Penn Museum Arts and Crafts Stations
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm | Holiday Global Goods Market
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm | Professional Family Portraits with the Sphinx
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am | Storytelling by Keepers of the Culture
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm | Global Guide Tour: Middle East Galleries
- 11:40 am – 12:00 pm | Musical Performance by Luigi Mazzocchi & Friends
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm | Artifact Lab Open Window, Chat with Conservators
- 12:15 pm – 12:45 pm | Holiday Sing Along with Allen Pinkney Jr.
- 1:00 pm – 1:15 pm | Daily Dig
- 2:00 pm – 3:45 pm | Festive Film Screenings
- 2:00pm - Sweet and Sour Christmas, directed by Film Loft Media
- 2:30pm - Young Inuk, directed by Laure Bourru
- 3:00pm – San Nicholas Night in Val di Fassa, directed by Michele Trentini
- 3:45pm - Play Jankunu Play, directed by Oliver Greene Jr.
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm | Mexico and Central America Docent Tour
- 1:30pm – 2:00pm | Storytelling presented by Keepers of the Culture
- 2:30pm – 3:30pm | Global Guide Tour: Africa Galleries
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm | Author Reading of new children’s book I Will Carry You
- 3:00pm – 3:45pm | Turkish Musical Performance by Ertugrul & Aslihan Erkisi
- 3:00 – 3:30 | Artifact Lab Open Window, Chat with Conservators
- 4:00pm – 4:45pm | Dance Performance by Three Aksha traditional Indian dance
View more CultureFest!