|Current Location:||Collections storage|
|Period:||Late Minoan IA|
|Credit Line:||Gift of the Candia Museum (Herakleion Archaeological Museum); E. H. Hall, 1912|
Shape: Semi-globular cup with ogival profile, with on handle (now missing). Fabric: Fine, pink (7.5YR 8/4) clay with reddish brown (5YR 5/3) to black (5YR 2.5/1) paint and decoration in added white (2.5Y 8/2) paint. Decoration: Painted, inside and out, including resting surface. Added white paint: band at inside of rim; frieze of running spirals on exterior, with one band above and two below. Four incised lines below frieze. Condition: Restored from fragments. Handle and several sherds missing.
|[Catalogue, Collection] Betancourt, Philip P. 1983. The Cretan Collections in the University Museum: Minoan Objects Excavated from Vasilke, Pseira, Sphoungaras, Priniatikos Pyrgos, and Other Sites. : Page/Fig./Plate: p. 19, no. 29, fig. 7, pl. 3||View Objects cited in this Publication|
|[Catalogue, Collection] Luce, Stephen B. 1921. Catalogue of the Mediterranean Section. : Page/Fig./Plate: p. 20, no. 43||View Objects cited in this Publication|
You may also be interested in these objects:
See a problem? Let us know firstname.lastname@example.org