Children turning ages five through twelve can celebrate their special day at the Penn Museum! Children and their favorite grown up guests enjoy gallery tours, art projects, games, and a private party space. Bring your own device for a group photo opportunity in the galleries. Time is built into the day for families to explore the galleries after the party.
|$370||Penn Museum members at the Household Level and above Parties are limited to 20 people. 20 participants include the birthday child plus any combination of adult and child guests. There must be at least two adults per party.|
|$20||for each additional guest per person|
The birthday child’s family receives one complimentary parking spot for the day. The birthday child also receives an ancient Egypt-inspired gift!
Call for details about adding on party favors for each guest.
The birthday party room is reserved for two hours.
Parties may be scheduled for the following time frames
- 10:00 am— 12:00 pm
- 2:00 pm— 4:00 pm
Birthday parties are subject to availability. Please have several Saturday and Sunday dates to consider when booking. Parties may be booked 10:00am – 12:00pm or 2:00 – 4:00pm
All groups must register in advance. Guests do not need to register separately; only one person needs to be the designated contact for the entire party.
Parties must be booked at least four weeks prior to the reserved date. A non-refundable deposit of $95 is due at the time of reservation. The full balance is due two weeks prior to the reserved date.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are we allowed to bring our own snacks?
- Yes. The birthday child’s family is welcome to bring cake/cupcakes, beverages, etc.
- Are we allowed to bring our own decorations? How about disposable flatware or cups, plates, etc.?
- Yes. Birthday party guests may bring their own decorations, cups, plates, napkins, utensils, etc. Please note that balloons and lit candles are not permitted at the Museum.
- What about parking for our guests?
- Please review information about parking and rates.
- Can we schedule a different date and/or theme for our party?
We can accommodate a different date, as the schedule allows, for an additional fee. Please call for details.
We would be happy to accommodate a different theme, such as Greco-Roman or a multicultural Animals on Parade theme, for no additional fee.
Sample Birthday Party Schedule
|10:00am—10:10am||Families gather; Coloring activity provided|
|10:10am—10:40am||Interactive gallery tour|
|10:40am—10:45am||Group photo in the gallery; bring your own device|
|11:10am—11:30am||Wrap the Mummy game|
|11:30am—11:55am||Cake time and socializing|
|12:00pm||Program concludes; option to explore galleries on own|