Explore a world of history and culture with your students at the Penn Museum. See real artifacts, uncover ancient heritage, and talk with educators and experts in this unique field trip opportunity. Onsite and virtual visit options are available.
To schedule your field trip experience, fill out the online booking form.
Do you teach in a Title I school? Take advantage of free programs for your students.
Museum Field Trips
Experience the artifacts housed at the Penn Museum in person. A wide variety of tours, workshops, and expert talks are available for school groups.
UnPacking the Past
The Penn Museum is thrilled to offer free program packages to 6th and 7th grade classes in Philadelphia Title I schools through Unpacking the Past. Teachers may request virtual or on-site experiences focusing on a variety of cultures represented in Museum galleries.
Learn more about world cultures, both past and present directly from international educators, artists, and Museum-affiliated archaeologists and anthropologists. International Classroom provides your students with opportunities for global learning.
Sign up for our free monthly Teacher Talks and other opportunities just for educators. Check back often to see what’s new!
Unpacking the Past
This program is made possible by the generosity of the following donors:
- Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation
- Albert A. Ciardi III, W88
- Marie A. Conn, Ph.D.
- Kristin Davidson, CGS84, GED88
- Dolfinger-McMahon Foundation
- Pamela Freyd, Ph.D., GED68, GR81, and Peter Freyd, Ph.D., PAR
- Ghislain Gouraige, Jr., C80, and Marjorie P. Gouraige, PAR
- GRoW Annenberg Foundation
- Diane von Schlegell Levy and Robert M. Levy, WG74
- Merle-Smith Educational Endowment
- Jill Meyer
- Morel Family Foundation, Lauren Bayster-Morel and Donald Morel, Jr., Ph.D.
- Agnes M. Mulroney, CW57, PAR
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Barbara Rittenhouse
- Kathryn Sorkin and Sanford Sorkin, W67
- Lee Evan Tabas, C72, ME72, and Nancy Freeman Tabas, PAR
- Jeffrey Weiss and Jill Topkis Weiss, C89, WG93, PAR
The International Classroom program is made possible by the generosity of the International Classroom Endowment and the Charles C. Harrison Endowment.
Inquiry Into China
Inquiry Into China is made possible by the generosity of the Freeman Foundation.
The Global Guides: Immigrant Stories Tour Program is made possible by the generosity of the Barra Foundation.
Access Programs are made possible by the generosity of the Albert B. Millet Memorial Fund, administered by BNY Mellon Wealth Management, and the Museum Education Endowment.