Sponsored Field Trip Program
This program has been paused for the 2020-2021 school year, but we still have many opportunities for Title I schools to receive free virtual programs. Please see our Title I Schools page for more information and to apply for sponsorship.
*Sponsored trip requests must be submitted at least 2 months before the requested visit date.
The Penn Museum is thrilled to provide opportunities to experience its cultural collections and educational resources to local schools and communities in need of financial support. Sponsored field trips are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are made possible through a limited amount of foundation, corporate, and individual donor support.
Please confirm that your group is eligible for the program. Eligible groups are:
- In Kindergarten through 12th grade; some community groups will also be considered
- From a Title I school with 50% or more of the students receiving free or reduced lunch
- From Philadelphia, although we have a very limited amount of funds to serve the larger Philadelphia region
- Visiting during any month other than May
How to Request Field Trip Visit Support
- Make sure you are eligible for a sponsored trip
- Talk with your school administrator to ensure they will approve a field trip. Make sure you have confirmed the availability of your chosen dates with your school, bus company, etc. prior to registering. Sponsored trip requests must be submitted at least 2 months before the requested visit date.
- Visit the K-12 Educators section of the Museum’s website for more information on our programs and free teacher resources. Based on need sponsored field trips may include:
- Fill out the Sponsored Field Trip Request Form. You do not need to fill out the Plan Your Visit form.
- The Penn Museum Learning Programs staff will review your form and respond to confirm your field trip date, programs, and sponsorship options.