|Current Location:||Collections Storage|
|Locus:||South Portal Strip 100E|
|Credit Line:||The Eckley B. Coxe Jr. Expedition to Mit-Rahineh (Memphis), Egypt; Clarence Stanley Fisher, 1915|
|Other Number:||M2663 - Field No SF|
Lower part of standing statuette of Ptah. The bottom of a was scepter is visible between the god's feet. At the front of the base is an incised Rekhyt bird at the left, facing right toward the center of the statue. Originally there was a second bird at the right, but the corner of the base is broken away. A small central column of text between the birds gives the name of Ptah. On the left and right of the base is a frieze consisting of ankh and was images on top of neb baskets. Below this is a line of hieroglyphs near the bottom of the base, running all the way around the piece. The text is badly damaged, but began in the middle with an offering formula, naming Ptah. The text extends symmetrically to the left and right sides. The statue was dedicated by a Royal Scribe, whose main title is followed by the enigmatic statement "The one who is over the Lord of the Two Lands," which may or may not be his name. The beginning of his mother's name is on the back, but the text is too damaged to read.
|[Book] Moss, Rosalind L., and Porter, Bertha. 1981. Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings III: Memphis, Part 2. Saqqara to Dahshur.. Oxford. Clarendon Press. ed. 2nd. Vol. III. Actual Citation : Page/Fig./Plate: 859||View Objects related to this Actual Citation|
You may also be interested in these objects:
See a problem? Let us know firstname.lastname@example.org