Location: On Display in the Etruscan Italy Gallery
Curatorial Section: Mediterranean
|Current Location||Etruscan Italy Gallery - On Display|
|Date Made||399-200 BCE|
Earring (tubular type). Pair of hollow tubular annular earrings. One end is plain but the other end has a large bead between two bends of five wires (two granulated, three plain). A large granulated wire runs down the center of the bead. Directly after the interior band there is an attachment for some sort of pendant. The attachment point is formed by five pointed leaves bent up and in half supporting two other pointed leaves bent to form a tube. The leaves are bordered by granulated wire and have another wire (sometimes granulated) running down the middle. The two upper leaves have a few granules randomly applied to them. The main hoop is ornamented below the attachment point by a rather loose palmette on a double volute. Areas between the palmette leaves are filled with light stipling. Tube itself was made by bending round a flat strip. Join is visible.
|Outside Diameter||2.5 cm|
|Credit Line||Museum Purchase; subscription of John Wanamaker, 1896|
|Other Number||6 - Other Number|
Report problems and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.