This object is On Display
Middle East Galleries|
Currently On Display
|Outside Diameter:||29.7 cm|
|Credit Line:||British Museum/University Museum Expedition to Al'Ubaid, Iraq, 1924|
|Other Number:||TO.431 - Field No SF|
P269946 - CDLI Number
CBS Register: TO.430. 2nd drum of Column A. Inlay of mosaic in bitumen (limestone, shell, mother of pearl).
Card: Mosaic column consisting of 5 drums (4 restored; 1 fragmentary). Wood core; bitumen coating; pink limestone, black shale and white shell / mother of pearl traingular and diamond shaped tesserae. copper wire for attaching tesserae to bitumen.
Sections of column formerly catalogued as B15896 and B15897, before restoration.
Current & Past Exhibitions:
|Tokens to Tablets: Glimpses into 6000 Years of the History of the Ancient Near East (14 Nov 1987 - Aug 2006)||View Objects in Exhibition|
|Middle East Galleries (21 Apr 2018)||View Objects in Exhibition|
|[Catalogue, Exhibition] Aruz, Joan. 2003. Art of the First Cities: The Third Millenium B.C. from the Mediterranean to the Indus.. New York. The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Actual Citation : Page/Fig./Plate: 86||View Objects related to this Actual Citation|
You may also be interested in these objects:
Report problems and issues to email@example.com.