Dec. 26 - 28, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm ET
Free Admission for kids 17 & underGet Tickets
Make the most of your family time by exploring, creating, and learning together at the Penn Museum during Winter Break. Kids 17 & under visit free!
Stop by the Asia Gallery to make your own mythical animal puppet and create a story about its origin. Head to the Sphinx Gallery and challenge yourself to a friendly game of Mancala. Get up close with artifact reproductions at Cartifacts stations.
At noon, take a snack break with a free cookie for each member of the family. At 2:00 pm, listen to a Caribbean story, Drummer Boy of John John, and learn about the origin of the steel pan with an up-close look at a real steel drum.
Ignite your curiosity and create cherished memories together as you journey around the globe in a single day.
- 10:00 am–4:00 pm: Mythical Animal Puppets, Asia Gallery
Make your own mythical animal puppet and create a story about its origin with your family.
- 10:00 am–4:00 pm: Mancala Stations, Sphinx Gallery
Stop by this station and challenge yourself to a friendly game of mancala.
- 12:00 pm: Cookie Break, Special Exhibition 52
Enjoy a free, freshly baked cookie. One per person please. While supplies last.
- 1:00 pm: Daily Dig, Various Galleries
1 Artifact, 15 minutes, endless insights
- 2:00 pm: Storytime with Auntie JoJo, Widener Lecture Room Hear the story of the Drummer Boy of John John and learn about the origin of the steel pan. See and hear a small steel drum.