Lunar New Year
Saturday, January 18, 2020 |
10:00AM - 5:00PM
Get ready to ring in the Lunar New Year with a vibrant array of activities. In many Asian communities around the world, the Lunar New Year is among the most important holidays of the year. This family-friendly day features traditional dance and music, hands-on workshops, martial arts demonstrations, storytelling, calligraphy, and art-making for all ages. Visitors can join in the traditional Lion Dance as part of the celebration!
Presented by our partner Asian Arts Initiative.
Included with Museum admission.
- 10:00am - 5:00pm | Creation Stations
- Year of the Rat Mask Making
- Lantern Making
- Decorate Lucky Envelopes
- 10:00am - 5:00pm | Art & Vendor Market
- 10:30am - 11:00am | Little Mulan Dance Troupe Performance from Great Wall Chinese School
- 11:15am - 12:00pm | Tai Chi Demonstration
- 11:15am - 12:15pm | Chinese Zodiac Workshop
- 11:30am - 12:00pm | East versus West: A Musical Performance
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm | Artifact Lab Open Window chat with conservators
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm | Taiko Interactive Musical Performance by Kyo Daiko
- 1:00pm - 1:15pm | Daily Dig artifact talk
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm | Drop-In Calligraphy Workshop
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm | Contemporary Dance Performance by Annielille Gavino
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm | Mandarin Language Highlights Tour
- 3:30pm - 4:00pm | Artifact Lab Open Window chat with conservators
- 3:00pm - 3:45pm | Martial Arts Demonstration by Cheung’s Hung Gar Kung Fu Academy
- 3:45pm - 4:00pm | Lion Dance Finale
View more CultureFest!